Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. ~ Margaret D. Nadald

Our Father also gifted us with the nature to nurture, keen sensitivity to the Spirit, selflessness, discernment, and heroic faith. No wonder our Father placed us at the heart of the family and thus at the center of the plan of salvation. We are the Lord's secret weapon. ~ Sheri Dew


I'd love it if you would follow my blog!

11 March 2011

A Favor To Ask....

So, I normally write just because I can. Lately I haven't because I've been researching funding my Master's degree... to no avail (if you know anyone that likes to fund degrees for homeschooling mom's you're welcome to pass my name along! The program I want to do is through AMU. I'm looking into National Security, but have toyed around with the idea of Education. My end game is to teach at a University, which is why I want the politically charged degree so I can help the next generation find hope in government and their voices, but of course the Education one would applicable to my life now... and what it will be for many years to come, so I wouldn't mind teaching that either.) Anyway! My brain has been working on that for a few weeks and I've finally dropped the subject and can think about something else. (I was literally told not to mulit-task by my neurologist... don't know how she said that to me with a straight face seeing as how all of my kids were standing there with me... but I have an excuse for not being able to think about writing here too :-D)!


On to my favor! Because my brain cells are now freed up, and desperately in need of something more to do, I'm thinking about applying to be a reviewer with TOS (a very helpful homeschooling resource that I stumbled on 4 years ago after googling "Homeschool Magazine"). They are looking for bloggers to review homeschooling programs... which if you homeschool you KNOW that deciding on a product that fits your needs can be aggravating when you don't have real peoples opinions... and I'd like to help out. The application process is in full swing, I'm sure I'll be contending with a lot more fun, interesting, and less controversial mothers, but I'd like to at least try!

So, what can you do to help? FOLLOW ME! :-). I need to have at least 25 people publicly following me. I know a lot of people end up here and that I'm on blog rolls that I don't know about, so, if you're spying on me, would you please make yourself known. I promise not to disappoint! For the "school year" I'll have a 6, 5, 3, and 1 year old, (and with any luck we'll be expecting again), so I'll give you a real day in the life look at how these products work in regards to various ages, especially how realistic they are to use when there are tiny humans about.

K, there's my plea. If you feel able, please take a second and like me now. They will be announcing their crew soon so hurry and tell your friends :-).