Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. ~ Margaret D. Nadald

Our Father also gifted us with the nature to nurture, keen sensitivity to the Spirit, selflessness, discernment, and heroic faith. No wonder our Father placed us at the heart of the family and thus at the center of the plan of salvation. We are the Lord's secret weapon. ~ Sheri Dew


I'd love it if you would follow my blog!

23 September 2008

Ignorance is Bliss

I don't care who you are, this IS a true statement! I do have more interesting things to post about, but this one is on my mind because of my impending actions.

Seems like the more I learn, the more ignorant I wish I was because I find that there's always oodles more to learn! We've all experienced this phenomenon in one instance or another. This is currently relevant for me because my husband is on his way home, and we will be going out to exercise upon his arrival.

Have you noticed that you don't really notice your weight/physical fitness until you try to do something about it? When one starts to increase their activity for whatever reason, one finds that they are now acutely aware of everything that's moving that shouldn't.
For instance, I gain all my pregnancy weight in my upper legs... yes, fun for you to know huh! This extra weight is of little consequence when I'm pregnant. I accept that I'm getting bigger, but don't stop to dwell on that fact. However, after baby is different. Once a good deal of the fatigue of having a new one is gone my mind does an internal overhaul. Part of this is getting my body back, if not getting it better, to look good for the hubby, but also in hopes of getting back in shape faster after the next pregnancy (I know, it's a never ending cycle but it has left me 10 lbs. lighter with each pregnancy then the previous one, can't complain about that).
Anyway, getting to that point is pretty brutal. Asher is 3 1/2 months old, I'm fitting into my smallest pre-pregnancy clothes, but they just aren't "cute" yet. All this means is that I'm in serious need of getting toned, and that can be a depressing road. When I'm just spending my day frolicking with the kiddies I don't notice anything wrong with me. On the other hand, hello bad body image when I'm trying to change it! Ugh, it's cruel irony I tell yah! Nothing in life worth having is easy, but I'd be willing to let this particular issue be easy and save myself from having to look at a jiggling shadow. So not cute!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I NEEDED this post today! You read my thoughts! Thanks for the line about "nothing in life worth having is easy" I am having a hard time with losing all the weight I want to and feeling that it is a battle that I am not sure I have the energy or time for. But now I am reinvigorated and feeling that I CAN!! THANKS!!