Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. ~ Margaret D. Nadald

Our Father also gifted us with the nature to nurture, keen sensitivity to the Spirit, selflessness, discernment, and heroic faith. No wonder our Father placed us at the heart of the family and thus at the center of the plan of salvation. We are the Lord's secret weapon. ~ Sheri Dew


I'd love it if you would follow my blog!

27 January 2010

Dr. Gerson

I don't really have time to sit and write what I want, but I wanted to at least put down my latest thoughts. I've recently watch "The Beautiful Truth." Oh my! What an eye opener! I'm down right confounded at the moment and am very excited to find out more. The movie is a documentary that follows a homeschooled kid who started researching and traveling to meet people that had cancer and other horrible diseases and how they were cured by food. The treatment put in place by Dr. Gerson, and his daughter and grandson who continue to promote the method, was shut down by so many.. (*cough* drug companies etc.). I've thought for about 10 years or so that there was so much more to food and health, and have tried to act those thoughts and the research that inspires me to do more. However, like my blog title suggests, I'm learning every day!
Anyway, if you have Netflix, take a minute and watch "The Beautiful Truth" on instant play. I believe more in natural cures now then I ever thought possible. I'm all about prevention of disease and the role diet and environment plays there, but when that fails (as can happen in our highly chemical, processed world), there is rather compelling arguments pointing to natural/whole foods! Shocker huh?

I'm excited to get my hands on some Gerson books!

No comments: