Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. ~ Margaret D. Nadald

Our Father also gifted us with the nature to nurture, keen sensitivity to the Spirit, selflessness, discernment, and heroic faith. No wonder our Father placed us at the heart of the family and thus at the center of the plan of salvation. We are the Lord's secret weapon. ~ Sheri Dew


I'd love it if you would follow my blog!

29 August 2008

Oh Brother Obama.... Hello Sarah Palin! Originally written 8/29/08

Of course, Obama had to go and disappoint me.... oh well, I suppose he and McCain get some kind of kick out of their elementary school brawl, so be it.

McCain has renewed my hope that I can cast a ballot and feel mostly peaceful, for the moment anyway, we’ll see how the coming months go. Governor Palin was not someone I expected to see by the Senator, but I’m encouraged by that fact that she was. Here’s a woman with 5 children, who’s the first female Governor of Alaska, is pro-life, and while you can tell she’s a strong voice, she doesn’t come off scary like Hillary did. While McCain doesn’t really do it for me, so far I’m feeling drawn in by her. Shocking I know. I’m sure that wasn’t at all McCain’s intention. Again, all my little eggs aren’t in one basket at the moment, but they are playing a wild game of hot potato.

No comments: