Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. ~ Margaret D. Nadald

Our Father also gifted us with the nature to nurture, keen sensitivity to the Spirit, selflessness, discernment, and heroic faith. No wonder our Father placed us at the heart of the family and thus at the center of the plan of salvation. We are the Lord's secret weapon. ~ Sheri Dew


I'd love it if you would follow my blog!

15 December 2010

Taking A Stand

My absence from writing here can be explained very easily... I've been busy learning :-). I find myself in a position where I could stop for a few minutes and explain what I'm delving into... or I could just read so more. Well, as I'm sure you've gathered, reading has been winning out (as well as getting a concussion, welcoming my husband home after he was gone most of the year, visiting family in WA for a few weeks, my husband going back to his lovely 10-14 hour days, etc.), but it's time for me to share what I have learned!
I have to be honest with you. What I have been learning is life changing. In fact, it is so important for me to share with you that I've actually had a little anxiety over how I was going to present this information. I've realized that I've become even more proactive about the family as of late, and there are definitely forces at work that are not happy about that. Regardless, and perhaps even because of this, I need to present information to help you do the same.
The family is truly the backbone of our society. I know you know this! I doubt anyone reading this feels otherwise. In fact, I know that most of you are stay at home moms, even homeschooling moms. Sisters, if we believe that what we're doing is the most important work on the earth, I'm asking you now to join me in preserving this work! I have spent hours contemplating, reading, calling Senators, and signing petitions. I have felt heart ache and some despair, only to have the words come clearly in my mind "those that be with us are more than they that be with them." So, I'm asking you to join the cause of the family. Our rights and God's way is in danger and needs you, yes you, to stand up and be heard.
Over the next few weeks I'll be running you through the information provided by Family Watch International. Here we'll deal with hard issues and things that are at works in our country and around the world that are placing the family under attack. Please read these posts. Please choose knowledge over ignorance. We are here for a purpose and it's important that we stand up for truth and righteousness. Evil can only prevail if good people allow it to.
Please pray for the family unit. You can also go here:http://www.standforthefamily.org/sff/ and read some things for yourself from my source. Additionally, there's a petition on the site that is called the "I Stand for the Family" International petition. I would ask you to go and read what the petition is for and if you agree with it, please sign and pass on the information to all that you know. The book I'll be posting from is called Stand for the Family, written by Sharon Slater. I would highly recommend getting a copy yourself, but am happy to share the information that I know so that you too can be enlightened and take a stand for YOUR family and YOUR right to be a mother that is being challenged everyday far beyond what's happening within the walls of your home.

3 comments:

Heather B said...

You have no idea how much I can't wait to read this book! Courtney is bringing it to me for Christmas, and I'm so excited! I've been aware of these types of threats for years now and I'm told that this book has it all laid out so concisely and easy to see. Can't wait to read your posts too!

Heather B said...

Oh, and love your quotes up top and new blog look! That first one is in my quote book :)

Courtney @ Ordinary Happily Ever After said...

I can't wait to see how you approach posting about this book.

What I loved about it was how concrete her evidence was. And how she came from a non-emotional standpoint and just gave us the facts. I think all too many people agree with us about the family just because it "feels" right. Well, of course it feels right. It IS right. And they need to know WHY it's right. And not just for religion's sake. Too many people don't believe in God, so using him as a defense doesn't hold any water with those kinds of people.