Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. ~ Margaret D. Nadald

Our Father also gifted us with the nature to nurture, keen sensitivity to the Spirit, selflessness, discernment, and heroic faith. No wonder our Father placed us at the heart of the family and thus at the center of the plan of salvation. We are the Lord's secret weapon. ~ Sheri Dew


I'd love it if you would follow my blog!

03 July 2010

It's ON!

So, I've taken some leaps lately. (Oh, by the way... we are still schooling and I have kid thoughts and pictures to share, but they're just a little more labor intensive, so they'll have to wait for a moment when I don't have one foot in bed, sorry... fluff for now!)

I've officially taken the steps to get all my duckies in a row and will be: Running a 5k 31 July. Doing a sprint Triathlon 7 Aug. Riding a 25 Mile Bike Race 25 Sept. :-)

If you've been reading you know that I haven't been doing the swim training that I've needed to since I figured that I couldn't figure out the logistics for the August Tri... so I've just done the bike/run/strength training. Haha, yah, now I'm getting a little antsy. I know I can finish the swim, but I'm sure I'd like to finish it stronger than I will, plus I need to give an estimated time for finishing, which means I need to actually go swim the lengths. Yah, that should be interesting!

Oh, and I'm taking a good little road trip through UT and AZ for about 10 days right before the race(s). Needless to say my bike and jogger stroller are coming with and I'm trying to make preparations to have all my food made myself before we go and make plans to still cook/eat well while at the hotel and visiting family.... I seriously started to consider not going! Trying to keep up with everything while away from my little hobbit hole, I mean home, is the most stressful part of all!

Well, to make matters a little easier I do plan to soothe my soul by buying a pair of Vibrams. Barefoot running just makes sense! Here's a youtube clip for you:


And just for funsies, here's my new love:


They're funky yet cute! Here's to some fun runs in July and August! Looking for more fun stuff to do and hoping that my son gets his swimming down this year so he can start doing triathlon's too!

No comments: