Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. ~ Margaret D. Nadald

Our Father also gifted us with the nature to nurture, keen sensitivity to the Spirit, selflessness, discernment, and heroic faith. No wonder our Father placed us at the heart of the family and thus at the center of the plan of salvation. We are the Lord's secret weapon. ~ Sheri Dew


I'd love it if you would follow my blog!

06 October 2009

Dedication

True dedication to something really makes a difference in how you see that thing, doesn't it?

I did a pretty decent job of keeping up with scripture study.... some days were definitely better than others... but starting this challenge has made a huge difference on what I'm learning, and how I see the time that I spend in the scriptures. I wrote about my experience at http://scripturepowerchallenge.blogspot.com. Again, that's the page I created to track what scriptures/pages to read each day to read the Book of Mormon all the way through by November 31.

What I've learned about my time in the scriptures is a principle that can be applied anywhere. A change of mindset and a drive to complete a certain task, coupled with a specific daily goal in mind to do so, brings a satisfaction and peace that I think is sometimes lost in day to day life.

I hope that you're able to find things in your life that you could do better at, and make some serious goals on how to attain them. If it's spiritual aspects, might I suggest my scripture challenge, truly devoting myself to spending the time to read 8-9 pages a day has made a HUGE difference to me and what I've learned... as opposed to reading just a verse, or page, or chapter each day.
If it's physical goals, I've learned that choosing activities or times that don't depend on anyone else is really the only thing that works. If I want to do something without my kids, that requires my husband to be home... and since that's a variable I can't control, unless I set out to do things that are really within my power each day, it won't happen! So, find a couple good workout video's to cycle through, get used to sharing room on the floor with the kiddies (unless you do it before or after they're in bed), get the Wii Personal Trainer (this program rocks and shakes things up while documenting your workout), or whatever you think you'll stick to, and get to work!
If you're looking for more time to read a good book, paint, do music, whatever it is that drives you, make a plan and go forward! Dedication is what it takes to make your desires come about. Don't let anything stand in the way of keeping your from your goal. I'm pretty sure your house will still be standing if you take 10-15 minutes here and there throughout the day to attain whatever it is you're striving for.
The best parents are ones that are well rounded and have gifts and talents to share with their kids, don't let yours fall by the wayside. They are important to your family, take the time to develop yourself with your kids right by your side learning and growing with you!

No comments: