Women of God can never be like women of the world. The world has enough women who are tough; we need women who are tender. There are enough women who are coarse; we need women who are kind. There are enough women who are rude; we need women who are refined. We have enough women of fame and fortune; we need more women of faith. We have enough greed; we need more goodness. We have enough vanity; we need more virtue. We have enough popularity; we need more purity. ~ Margaret D. Nadald

Our Father also gifted us with the nature to nurture, keen sensitivity to the Spirit, selflessness, discernment, and heroic faith. No wonder our Father placed us at the heart of the family and thus at the center of the plan of salvation. We are the Lord's secret weapon. ~ Sheri Dew


I'd love it if you would follow my blog!

29 August 2008

Church... an older woman... and blacks getting the priesthood

I regularly try to entertain myself no matter where I am. Fortunately, in life there are so many opportunities to laugh even when I'm not looking! I was in Relief Society one Sunday, being totally good mind you, and this blessed opportunity came knocking at my door. The instructor was talking about prophetic revelation and wandered down a road that I knew was coming. She stated that there was a revelation revealed to President Kimball in the '70's or so, and did any of "the old folks" in the room know what it was. Like I said, my brain was already cued into this one because I knew that blacks in the priesthood was a touchy subject, and from what I can remember President Kimball wasn't so hot on the idea. Anyhow, this woman kitty-corner to me raises her hand and tries to approach the subject "delicately"... yah, that SO didn't happen. I mean really kuddos to me for somewhat holding myself together. She stutters on her words, takes a couple seconds here and there, but all together manages to spit out "it was when the uh... colored men... were to receive the priesthood." The worst I did was lean to the woman next to me and say "huh, and here I was going to say 'it was when the blacks received the priesthood' so much for being pc." Yah... people are funny. Especially in Utah County. What can you do. I know she didn't mean anything by it, but still, Nathan and I had a good chuckle about it.

1 comment:

Beckalita said...

Gotta love the whole p/c world we live in. Who did that? I have an idea. How about we let people who are going to take offense where none is intended, be offended! It would make life soooo much easier for EVERYONE!